Loaded Potato Salad
10 lbs Idaho potatoes
1 1/2 cups bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup green onion, medium dice
Bacon fat (yield from cooking bacon above)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel the Idaho potatoes and cut into 2in pieces. Place in a pot filled with water, to prevent browning on the potatoes while you finish peeling/cutting all potatoes.
- Boil the Idaho potatoes until fork tender. Remove from water and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a 350 degree oven on a sheet pan until crispy. Let bacon cool, separate out and reserve bacon fat and chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Mix together potatoes, bacon, sour cream, cheese, green onion and bacon fat, being careful not to overmix the potatoes and keeping everything chunky. Season to taste.
- Serve warm with some cheddar cheese and green onions as a garnish OR serve chilled with green onion garnish.